A regional assurance, tax, and consulting firm outgrew their pay-as-you-go relationship with their IT consultant. The business needed an industry-specific managed services provider to stabilize, upgrade, and support their IT infrastructure to comply with government regulations, mitigate security risks, reliably support multiple locations, and scale to meet projected growth. Prior to BinaryNetworks’s involvement, the firm’s IT infrastructure was plagued by many technical challenges, including:
- Misconfigured, outdated, and unpatched computers, servers, and network devices.
- Improperly implemented or maintained industry-specific software.
- No strategic plan to introduce newer technologies designed to help staff work more efficiently.
- Network targeted by adware, spam, phishing schemes, and network intrusion attempts.
- Slow and unreliable remote access performance.
- Undocumented, untested, and unmonitored backup and disaster recovery plan.
BinaryNetworks worked with the firm’s leadership team to fully understand their business objectives and develop a realistic project plan that would not interfere with busy season or the firm’s ability to perform billable work throughout the year. With the plan in place, BinaryNetworks stepped into action and:
- Designed, built, and installed the framework to migrate the client’s on-premise network infrastructure to a new data center.
- Built frameworks to proactively monitor the condition of and automate the patching process of all computers, servers, and network devices.
- Facilitated the purchase and installation of new industry-specific audit and tax software.
- Developed an easy-to-follow technology roadmap for the firm’s leadership to purchase and deploy vital equipment.
- Migrated the firm to Microsoft Office 365.
- Deployed enterprise-class antivirus/ransomware prevention frameworks and cloud-based spam-filtering technologies.
- Set up reliable CITRIX and VPN access for all users utilizing two-factor authentication for added security.
- Developed the plans and installed the frameworks for the firm’s backup and disaster recovery solutions.
Following their transition to a stable and scalable IT platform, the firm enjoyed better network performance, significantly less downtime, and fewer help desk requests, enabling them to service clients more efficiently and profitably.